Yield: 3.5 cups
Prep time: 20 minutes
This recipe is a fantastically light dish that will help you squeeze back into your favorite pair of pants after all that Thanksgiving Day goodness! If you’re not a fan of lettuce cups enjoy this treat on crackers or your favorite bread, but hurry find something because this turkey salad will go quickly however, whenever you serve it!
- Repeat after me- I (insert name) promise to use fresh rosemary and only fresh rosemary and if, only in an emergency must use dried rosemary I will finely mince.
- keep an eye and nose on your pecans and pull once they become fragrant. Nuts will burn quickly!
- 2.5 cups pulled turkey (approximately 1 pound)
- 1/3 cup small diced celery
- 1/3 cup small diced onion
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 c. chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I recommend Hellman’s)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 8-10 leaves butter lettuce
- Toast pecans in oven for 8 minutes at 375 degrees onced cooled roughly chop
- Small dice onions and celery toss with pulled turkey, dried cranberries and pecans
- In small bowl whisk together mayo, evoo and rosemary, pour over turkey mixture and gently fold all ingredients together. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place 1/2 cup of turkey salad on butter lettuce leaf and serve!